Livingston High Sports and Coach Contacts
Due to COVID 19 the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and the Sac-Joaquin Section (SJS), [the governing bodies of high school athletics in the state of California], altered the traditional high school Seasons of Sport. Our district, league, and site coaches are working on finalizing each sports preseason and league schedules. The new CIF/SJS seasons present challenging overlap for our athletes and coaches. Livingston High believes in multi sport athletes! While the new CIF/SJS 2-season sports schedule will be challenging for multi-sport athletes, it is not impossible. Early (and often) communication between coaches and athletes is paramount.
Our ability as a school and district to participate in athletics will be determined by recommendations from the state of California and the Merced County Health Department. The safety of our student athletes, coaches and our community is our top priority.
We want to return to normal. We all want to get back to normal school, normal sports and our normal lives. With that said, we all must understand our role in helping contain the spread of the COVID 19 virus. Do your part to help us get back to normal!
For more information or clarification on anything related to these dates or LHS athletics, contact LHS Athletic Director Scott Winton at email@example.com.
Stay Safe - Stay Healthy - Be Well!
Athletic Participation Form:
The original link for the Athletic Participation Form has been replaced to this new link:
Our mission at LHS is to provide a rigorous athletic program which complements and supports a challenging academic program by teaching students to persevere, to work well with others, and to compete at everything they do. We are in a constant pursuit to become Scholars and Champions.
LHS Athletics Core Beliefs:
- We believe students are our highest priority.
- We believe that dignity, worth, and self-esteem of participants should be paramount in all athletic activities.
- We believe the most important result of competition is the development of life-long values and skills.
- We believe the athletic program is an integral part of the high school experience.
- We believe high school athletics should be fun and rewarding.
- We believe athletic programs are most beneficial when they are competitive.
- We believe in the multi-sport athlete.
Livingston High School draws on 90 years of tradition; generations of alumni support our student athletes, school, and athletic programs. We learn from our past so we may strengthen our future-- and it is a bright future.
Scott Winton - Athletics Director